Turmeric Health Benefits Outperform Curcumin (Turmeric Extract) | John Douillard’s LIfeSpa
Read the associated article: http://lifespa.com/turmeric-health-benefits-outperform-curcumin-turmeric-extract
Sign up for our free weekly video newsletter: http://lifespa.com/newsletter-signup
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dr.douillard
Follow @JohnDouillard on Twitter
Learn more about Ayurveda: http://lifespa.com/about-lifespa/ayurveda/what-is-ayurveda/
Whenever western scientists discover a new natural herbal medicine they quickly try to discover the active ingredient that makes this herb so beneficial. Then, they try to patent a process of extracting it, and make it into a drug that only they can sell. This almost always backfires, as it has done with turmeric.
As we will see in this article, and a handful of upcoming articles regarding other herbs, when you take the so-called active ingredient out of a plant, you almost always lose the most important benefits of that plant.
It is safe to say that most people know about the benefits of turmeric, and that most are taking an extract of turmeric, called curcumin, rather than the raw turmeric – as the extract is thought to be a more potent form.
While curcumin is the constituent of turmeric that gives it its yellow color, it only makes up about 5% of the turmeric root. The other 95% is made up of more than 300 other constituents in turmeric that are rarely talked about. New science is suggesting that they are possibly even more potent than the curcumin.
To study this, researchers took the curcumin out of the turmeric root and studied the effects of curcumin-free turmeric, and the results were surprising. The turmeric without the curcumin significantly outperformed the curcumin extract. The other constituents such as the turmerin, turmerone, elemene, furanodiene, curdione, bisacurone, cyclocurcumin, calebin A and germacrone proved to be more potent support for blood sugar, a natural inflammation response, and healthy cellular division. (1,2)
…read more: http://lifespa.com/turmeric-health-benefits-outperform-curcumin-turmeric-extract
Turmeric: The Happy Spice — http://lifespa.com/turmeric-happy-spice/
Turmeric: A Most Amazing Spice! — http://lifespa.com/turmeric-a-most-amazing-spice/
Staff Picks: Turmeric and Honey for Immune Support! — http://lifespa.com/staff-picks-turmeric-and-honey-for-immune-health/
Turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) — http://lifespa.com/ayurvedic-supplement-facts/turmeric/
6 Ways to Boost Immunity this Winter — http://lifespa.com/6-ways-boost-immunity-winter/
1000 Reasons to Avoid Herbal Extracts — http://lifespa.com/1000-reasons-to-avoid-herbal-extracts/
Extracts: Avoid Dangerous Herbs — http://lifespa.com/extracts-avoid-dangerous-herbs/
How Boswellia Fights the 5-LOX Aging Enzyme — http://lifespa.com/longevity-the-ayurvedic-secret/
The Benefits & Differences Between Brahmi (Gotu Kola) and Bacopa — http://lifespa.com/benefits-differences-brahmi-gotu-kola-bacopa/
Global Food Diversity Has Shrunk 68% in the Last 50 Years — http://lifespa.com/global-food-diversity-has-shrunk-68-percent-in-the-last-50-years/
Dr. John’s 60th Birthday Healthy Aging Habits — http://lifespa.com/dr-johns-60th-birthday-healthy-aging-habits/
Ayurveda for Prostate Health — http://lifespa.com/ayurveda-prostate-health/
The Best Herbs to Cleanse the Lymphatic System — http://lifespa.com/best-herbs-cleanse-lymphatic-system/.
Surprising New Research on Seafood — http://lifespa.com/surprising-new-research-on-seafood/