- ★ What is the use of cleansing cream when there is soap? Cleansing of the skin is important for its health and a glow. However, the worse exposed are skin is (to chemicals, pollution and sun etc), the harsher cleansers we tend to use on it. It is true that these external factors damage the tone and texture of the skin; by blocking pores as well as causing acne, blackheads, tanning, pigmentation etc. But, regular soap bars we use, rather than containing this damage, only make the skin worse; by ridding it off the essential moisture as well. This makes the skin dry and irritated; and if cracked, more prone to infection too. Adequate moisture is not only important for the suppleness and health of the skin; but also helps maintain its elasticity and delays wrinkling.
- ★ What is Saffron and how does it aid skin cleansing? Saffron, or kesar, is sourced from the flower of plant Crocus sativus. Since ancient times it has been used as a cleanser and a toner to brighten the complexion. Its anti-bacterial property helps fight and prevent skin infections. And its toning property removes excess oil, dead skin cells as well as unclogs the pores. Thus it proves effective against acne. This spice is even known to repair dry skin; soothe rashes; lighten acne scars, sun-tan, pigmentation and other blemishes; and also lighten and even the skin tone. Being an anti-oxidant, it even rejuvenates the skin by stimulating cellular regeneration and collagen formation. Saffron, thus, helps maintain the skin’s elasticity and delay wrinkles. How does Sandal Paste work as a cleanser? Sandalwood is a time-proven natural way, for achieving a flawless complexion. It owes its anti-microbial properties to the presence of a component beta-santalol. Thus, sandal paste acts as an anti-septic for minor skin problems, including cuts and burns; as well as is extremely effective in tamping down acne flare-ups, and reducing blackheads. It is even known to clear ugly spots and blemishes; including ones left by stubborn acne. It is suitable for both dry and oily skin types. It hydrates the former; while shrinks pores and reduces oiliness of the latter. It even protects either from UV damage. Sandal further helps in soothing dry skin, rashes and burning sensation; as well as in reducing inflammation and itching.
- ★ What is Orange Peel Extract and what part does it play in skin cleansing? The peel of the orange, just like the fruit itself is rich in Vitamin C; which is both an anti-oxidant as well as a lightening agent. The anti-oxidant properties help reduce the signs of aging, including wrinkles; and protects against the damage from UV rays. Whereas, as the lightening agent it lightens the skin, as well as burn and acne scars and other blemishes. Orange peel extract also exhibits cleansing and astringent properties. It unclogs and cleans the pores from within; ridding the skin of excess oil, dirt and dead cells. As such, it fights acne and prevents its recurrence. Also a natural moisturizer it renders a natural glow to the skin.
- ★ What are the cleansing benefits of Turmeric? Turmeric is known to help maintain the elasticity of the skin, as well as prevents premature aging of the skin; by protecting cells from oxidation damage and stimulating the growth of new cells. As an anti-bacterial and anti-septic agent, it also helps treat minor skin infections; and aids in clearing the skin of acne and blackheads. Turmeric even soothes inflamed and irritated skin. The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are owed to the presence of curcumin in it. It is also known to grant turmeric skin lightening properties, helping in reduction of marks and blemishes. Apart from this, turmeric also improves blood circulation, bettering the overall health of skin (cells).
- ★ What is Lemongrass Oil and why is it used as a skin cleansing agent? Lemongrass oil is extracted from fresh, or only partly dried, leaves of grass Cymbopogon citrates. It is loaded with anti-microbial elements, which help treat a variety of skin problems, including acne. Also adding to the same is its astringent property that reduces excess oil, unclogs pores, shrinks open pores and helps in reduction of blackheads too. This oil is also known to strengthen connective tissue; firm up the skin; help maintain the skin’s elasticity; and thus keep it supple. It even improves the blood circulation, which makes the skin (cells) healthier; and it is even known to alleviate perspiration. Lemon grass is also anti-inflammatory.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)