Curcumin is a flavonoid extract of turmeric root but it is poorly absorbed in the body and rapidly metabolised into inactive forms. Longvida Optimised Curcumin harnesses a patented lipid delivery technology that offers 285x greater bioavailability, 65x higher peak plasma levels, and 7x longer-lasting action than standard curcumin. Longvida curcumin is highly stable and highly soluble, uniquely optimised to deliver free curcumin (the active form that is not metabolised or glucuronidated) into the bloodstream and target tissues. Free curcumin is the only form that is proven to reach the brain. Longvida technology addresses factors associated with poor bioavailability by providing a unique phospholipid and fatty acid coating that surrounds the curcumin molecule and enables it to be transported into the lymphatic system rather than the circulatory system. Unlike the circulatory system, the lymphatic system bypasses the liver (the major organ for metabolism), so less curcumin is exposed to metabolic enzymes. In contrast with even phytosomal formulations, Longvida avoids conjugation and glucuronidation, enabling curcumin to remain in the free active form and offer an unrivalled half-life of over 7 hours.
Bottle contents: 30 capsules (1-month supply at a daily dosage of 1 capsule).
- LONGVIDA HIGH ABSORPTION FORMULA DELIVERS FREE FORM CURCUMIN: Longvida is the only delivery system proven to deliver free form curcumin into the bloodstream and target tissues
- 285x GREATER BIOAVAILABILITY and 7x LONGER-LASTING ACTION than standard curcumin.
- EFFECTIVE HIGH DOSE IN A SINGLE CAPSULE – 500MG DOSE ACHIEVES CLINICALLY ACTIVE PLASMA LEVELS
- CONSISTENT PRODUCT QUALITY GUARANTEED: GMP manufactured – quality standards that medicines manufacturers must meet in their production processes to ensure products are of consistent high quality
- SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS & VEGANS and for halal and kosher diets